Audible Warnings Are Primary
The need for a reliable and effective emergency alert system for higher education is self-evident with the rise in violent attacks across our nation’s colleges and universities. Administrators of campuses, large and small, need to proactively address the need for preparedness before the next event occurs.
The marketplace is full of companies offering solutions to meet this challenge. However, it is the philosophy at ATI Systems that audible notification is the only tried and true solution for a campus. ATI Systems has decades of experience in this field and has implemented reliable systems worldwide. The clarity and intelligibility of our systems set us apart in the industry and is why we are vital to campus safety. A siren producing intelligible voice commands to the entire campus is the fastest and most reliable method for campus officials to reach everyone in case of an emergency.
Text and Email are Secondary
ATI Systems recognizes that other solutions are available, such as emergency text messages, telephone alerts and email, and can seamlessly integrate with any existing notification system currently in use. While we encourage our customers to utilize these options as secondary methods of notification, we educate them on the downfalls of these modern capabilities as the primary mode of notification.
Phone calls are often ignored; cell phones are often off during class; guests to the campus may not be part of the messaging solution; power failures affect computers; service to cell phones may be lost or affected by such a high amount of traffic; a tremendous amount of time and effort is spent keeping telephone numbers and emails accurate; and the list goes on. None of these factors interferes with the operability of an audible siren.
ATI Campus Safety Alert Systems
When facing a crisis, such as an active shooter or natural hazard, a siren producing intelligible voice commands to the entire campus is the fastest and most reliable way to reach everyone in case of an emergency. Intense audio alerts immediately capture attention, and quickly instruct people how to react, saving lives and minimizing injuries.
ATI’s powerful, reliable, and robust Campus Safety Alert Systems have been deployed by numerous educational institutions to provide essential alert/warning capabilities for emergency preparedness and planning.
- Active Shooters
- Terrorist Attacks
- Severe Weather Warnings
- All-Hazard Events
- Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Wildfires
- Floods/Down Stream Warnings
Typical Case Studies
ATI Systems Protects the University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Voice – Superior voice intelligibility and clarity using directional speakers to provide critical instructions/messages.
- Secure – ATI products only use the most secure encryption methods.
- Reliability – High-efficiency, conformal-coated electronics, with automated self-diagnostics to optimize availability.
- Redundancy – Designed with multiple redundant and backup mechanisms to ensure performance and operation.
- Scalability – Modular system design allows for complete flexibility in purchasing and long-term planning.
- Robustness – Fixed and mobile speakers, strobes, gates, signs, pagers, email, telephone and network alerting.
- Versatility – Control centers, push buttons, pull switches, remote controls, and sensors provide easy access.
- Ease of Ownership – Turn-key provider from installation to training, with simplified setup and maintenance.
- Customization – Countless messaging, power, control and operational options for your specific needs.
- Power Flexibility – ATI provides site-specific power designs, and can power speaker stations on or off the grid, using alternative power sources such as solar.